Snuggle up and treat yourself to homemade Honey Lavender Cookies. Lavender is said to be soothing for body, mind, and spirit. What if you drank it with Honey Lavender Tea? Is there a such thing as too calm?? We haven't tried that yet...hmm.
Honey Lavender Slice and Bake Cookies
2 tsp tea.o.graphy’s Honey Lavender Tea
1/2 cups Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3/4 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cups + 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
Oven set to 350, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter for 3-5 minutes. Add sugar and cream and mix again for 3-5 minutes. Scrape sides and add egg and vanilla. Mix until light yellow, fluffy, and sticky.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, and Honey Lavender Tea.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet and mix until just combined. The dough is very sticky.
- Lay out a piece of cling wrap roughly 18 inches long on the counter top. Scraping the dough from the bowl into the center of the cling wrap, begin to form a log of dough roughly 2-2 1/2 in diameter.
- Wrap dough in cling wrap and smooth sides. Place in the fridge to chill for 2 hours minimum or in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove dough from the freezer and slice into 1/4 - 3/8 wide cookies. Place on the parchment lined baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Move to a cooling rack. Should have a crisp bottom and soft, chewy middle.